We are located in the Campbell Community Center in Building B, Room 29.
Within the Campbell Community Center, Building B is the building that is closest to the corner of Winchester Blvd and Campbell Ave. See the map below.
The National Registry of Historic Places
Iyengar Yoga South Bay is located at the Campbell Community Center, in one of the original historic buildings that were constructed in the 1930’s by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) as Campbell High School.
The three historic buildings were designed by noted father and son architects William and Harold Weeks. They are an outstanding example of the Spanish Colonial Revival style of architecture and are noteworthy for the inclusion of numbers of hand-painted ceramic tiles as important elements of their design. The tiles were fabricated by the Solan and Larkin Company, which also fabricated tiles for the Hearst Castle, Stenihart Aquarium, and the Mark Hopkins Hotel.
Campbell High School was closed in 1980 and the campus was purchased in 1985 by the City of Campbell which has operated the former high school as the Cambell Community Center. In 1989, the three original Campbell High School Buildings were placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The studio is located in the oldest of the three original buildings, which was originally constructed as the Academic Classroom Building. It sits prominently on the corner of Campbell Avenue and Winchester Boulevard in Downtown Campbell.
This information was obtained from the Campbell Union High School Historic District, National Register of Historic Places Registration Form dated July 5, 1989.